Service Delivery Plan
ParentsNext is an Australian Government initiative that supports parents of young children in preparing for future employment.
Who is Eligible for ParentsNext ?
Parents and carers who:
- Have received Parenting Payment for the last 6 months
- Care for a child over 6 months or under 6 years of age
- Have not reported any paid work to Centrelink in the last 6 months
How we help
We will help you identify your personal strengths and skills to work towards your Education and Employment goals. With our strong community partnerships, we will assist you to develop a pathway and link you to opportunities and services to achieve your goals.
- Meet you where you are at and what is best for you and your family
- Help you map your goals and assist you to achieve them
- Provide information and links to other community supports
- Provide a family friendly environment, so you and your children will feel welcomed and supported.
Some Participants are required to undertake an activity every fortnight as a condition of receiving their Parenting Payment. If you have this requirement, we will work with you to plan and prepare for the activity that best suits you and your family. These activities may include education, employment, child play groups, counselling or other support services.
What we provide
You will receive a welcome phone call before your initial appointment to discuss the program and any questions you may have. At your first appointment you will meet your Support Officer who will explain in more detail and work with you throughout your time in the program. Kullarri is committed to building a strong and consistent service for all our participant’s that is culturally safe, inclusive and family friendly.
ParentsNext provides the following activities and Initiatives:
- Empowerment Program – This program is aimed to Empower self-confidence and is a steppingstone to other services in the Broome region including counselling, Legal supports, child development, education and many other services.
- TAFE – North Regional Tafe run tailored courses in our ParentsNext activity room. Assisting parents who want to study but are not able to attend Tafe.
- ParentsNext Bus – We provide a bus service, fitted with children’s car seats, to assist parents in transport for appointments and our activities.
- Creche – We provide a creche service for our activities, where possible, so you can attend with your children in a safe and secure environment.
- Onsite computers, child playroom and amenities
Your feedback is important to us.
We encourage you to fill out feedback forms located at the ParentsNext office, attend our quarterly ParentsNext Advisory Groups or email us at email@example.com
You can also provide feedback to the Department by
Phone: 1800 805260 – National Customer Service Line